Thursday 14 January 2016

Schedule 2015 - 2016

Last year we missed a lot of school what with Moving twice (nightmare I know), then my beloved Father passed away after an aggressive form of cancer ravaged him. It was a truly terrible time. Owing to this we did not accomplish all of the goals that I set out and we need to not exactly catchup but continue where we left off and push forward. That means that we need to finish up All About Reading Level 1, which will probably take about 2 weeks max and complete the 3- 6 Montessori album. I am going to give some long and hard thought about whether we continue with the 6 - 9 Maths Album or change tack for Maths. I will also be assessing if copy work has truly taught Nuh to spell as the pedagogy implies.

This year we will be continuing with our eclectic home school methods, using Charlotte Mason methods for History & copy work. A mix of stuff for Geography, with Montessori Maths and All About Reading Level 2.

The Schedule for Nuh will be as follows:

Every day- Calendar time, Reading, Maths & Copy work.

Monday - Forest School
Tuesday - History (CHOW) Chapters 34 - 65
Wednesday -  Geography (Geography Trail guide, Geography Through Art & some Montessori) See post on Geography 2014 -15 for links to books.
Thursday - Science  ( I am writing my own curriculum for this)
Friday - Art ( I am writing my own curriculum for this)

Zany's Schedule will be:

Every day- Calendar time

Monday - Forest School
Tuesday - Phonic Alphabet
Wednesday -  Phonic Alphabet & Maths
Thursday - Phonic Alphabet
Friday - Phonic Alphabet & Maths

Obviously I will asses this half way through and see if it needs tweaking or changing altogether. This will be the first year that Zany is at the table with us doing actual school work. Previously she has joined in for the art and craft tasks and has had her own special school time box filled with educational activities but I have not officially taught her. I did want to wait until six but she was making her displeasure at not being included known very loudly and was becoming quite disruptive during school time so I have decided to teach her the phonetic alphabet this year as well as the number fact families for 1 - 10, and one to one correspondence for the numbers 10-20.
I have written my own pre-reading curriculum for her to follow, it is actually mostly what I did with Nuh but I never wrote it up. It is also improved.



No comments:

Post a Comment