Tuesday 15 September 2015

My Resume

I have titled this post my resume, but really its just a bit about my experience and credentials.

I taught in secondary schools for 10 years in the UK, during that time I occupied various positions. I was Head of Key stage 3 for a while, then Head of Key stage 4, then 5. Yes it was an incremental takeover.lol
I was then promoted to Head of Department, eventually occupying a senior management position of Cross curricular Information Computing Technology (ICT) . Which involved working with each of the subject heads in the school and helping them to write ICT into their curriculum's and deliver effective ICT lessons. I would then monitor and train teachers within each subject area to enable them to effectively use the technology, should they need it.

During my time as a teacher I also trained two students who were part of the Graduate Teacher Training Program. I taught them how to dissect the curriculum, write schemes of work, write lessons plans and classroom management skills. Although to be honest this last one, can be really challenging to teach as it relies some much on an individuals personality.  Any way I digress, I also mentored two Newly Qualified Teacher's, this involved making sure that they were implementing the curriculum correctly, offering support regarding any concerns, and coaching them.

In addition to my duties in school I also published teacher of Key Stage 3 ICT books complete with lesson plans, electronic resources and print outs.

As a home schooling mother, I have also mentored two other parents on how to home school, giving them my curriculum, helping them to plan, deliver lessons and how to choose the best curriculum. I have also visited them in their homes and delivered lessons for their children to demonstrate effective techniques and pace.

I have also worked as a paid tutor for undergraduate students at university helping them with essay structure and proof reading work.

No comments:

Post a Comment