Sunday 13 September 2015

Globe and Continents

We are dipping in and out of Karen Tylers montessori geography ablum, the reason that I have not chosen to follow it rigidly is that Nuh is 5 so much of the earlier sections do not interest him, so I selected the parts that I thought might interest him the most.

I used the presentation from the album that explains about the concept of the Globe and what it represents.  We also made a paper mache globe and painted it with the continenets, Nuh really liked this, so did Zuh. Unfortunately I seem to have lost the imge for this.


This went down well, I also covered the continents breifly.



We also looked at the countries on our continent that are relevant to us as a family. So we looked at Spain as this is where Pink Nanny and Perfect Grandad live, we looked at Belgium because this is where Daddy lived during his teens and finally we looked at Italy which is where Little Nan is from.


No comments:

Post a Comment